Working as a team to reach your goals quicker is a concept as old as time itself. Groups can be incredibly beneficial when formed and appropriately executed. One crucial part of good teamwork that many people overlook is the members’ compatibility while working together.
What Is Teamwork?
Teamwork is the collective endeavor to accomplish a shared goal most efficiently and adequately possible. Around 75% of employees consider collaboration and teamwork extremely significant.
Teamwork presents itself in many different ways. Whether you’re meeting up in-person, collaborating online, or attending live virtual classes on platforms like Amphy, teamwork is about creating synergy through your connection with others.
Why Is Teamwork Important?
Building teamwork is challenging but deeply necessary as many careers now require you to harness the skill of working well with others. So when you’re looking to build your team for work, it’s always worthwhile to read a few words of encouragement.
Let these motivational teamwork quotes be the boost you need to succeed!
Remember that every good team takes time, patience, and faith if you find yourself struggling.
51 Motivational Teamwork Quotations
1. “Teamwork is the secret that makes common people achieve uncommon results” -Ifeanyi Enoch Onuoha.
2. “The way a team plays as a whole determines its success. You may have the greatest bunch of individual stars in the world, but if they don’t play together, the club won’t be worth a dime.” -Babe Ruth.
3. “Unity is strength…when there is teamwork and collaboration, wonderful things can be achieved.” -Mattie Stepanek.
4. “There’s nothing wrong with staying small. You can do big things with a small team.” -Jason Fried.
5. “I invite everyone to choose forgiveness rather than division, teamwork over personal ambition.” -Jean-Francois Cope.
6. “Teamwork makes the dream work, but a vision becomes a nightmare when the leader has a bad dream and a bad team.” – John C. Maxwell.
7. “Don’t aspire to be the best on the team. Aspire to be the best for the team.” -Brian Tracy.
8. “Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence win championships.” -Michael Jordan.
9. “We all can work, but together we win.” -Anonymous.
10. “Individually, we are one drop. Together, we are an ocean.” -Ryunosuke Satoro.
11. “Tough times don’t last. Tough teams do.” -Robert Schuller.
12. “No team works out teamwork.” -Dwyane Wade.
13. “Individual commitment to a group effort: That is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.” -Vince Lombardi.
14. “Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.” -Helen Keller.
15. “We talk a lot about hope, helping, and teamwork. Our whole message is that we are more powerful together.” -Victoria Osteen.
16. “I can do things you cannot; you can do things I cannot. Together, we can do great things.” -Mother Teresa.
17. “Teamwork is better than isolation, especially for a columnist.” -Allan Sloan.
18. “The strength of the team is each individual member. The strength of each member is the team.” -Phil Jackson.
19. “It takes two flints to make a fire.” -Louisa May Alcott.
20. “Teamwork is the beauty of our sport, where you have five acting as one. You become selfless.” -Mike Krzyzewski.
21. “Only the guy who isn’t rowing has time to rock the boat.” -Jean-Paul Sartre.
22. “If you can laugh together, you can work together.” -Robert Orben.
23. “So powerful is the light of unity that it can illuminate the whole earth.” –Baha’u’llah.
24. “The ratio of We’s to I’s is the best indicator of the development of a team.” -Lewis B. Ergen.
25. “Coming together is a beginning…keeping together is progress…working together is a success.” -Henry Ford.
26. “Together, we can achieve more.” Anonymous.
27. “We are team. One person struggles; we all struggle. One person triumphs, we all triumph.” -Coach Carter.
28. “When you form a team, why do you try to form a team? Because teamwork builds trust and trust builds speed.” -Russel Honore.
29. “No matter how brilliant your mind or strategy, if you’re playing a solo game, you’ll always lose out to a team.” -Reid Hoffman.
30. “The best teamwork comes from men who are working independently toward one goal in unison.” -James Cash Penney.
31. “Teamwork is so important that it is virtually impossible for you to reach the heights of your capabilities or make the money that you want without becoming very good at it.” -Brian Tracy.
32. “The secret is to gang up on the problem, rather than each other.” -Thomas Stallkamp.
33. “Great things in business are never done by one person. They’re done by a team of people.” -Steve Jobs.
34. “Many hands make light work.” -John Heywood.
35. “Getting good players is easy. Getting them to play together is the hard part.” -Casey Stengel.
36. “Hard work beats talent if talent doesn’t work hard.” -Tim Notke.
37. “Teamwork: Simply stated, it is less me and more we.” -Anonymous.
38. “To play a good game, you need a few players.” R.J. Torbert
39. “Teamwork builds character – teaches people about leadership and cooperation.” -Mo Rocca.
40. “The speed of the boss is the speed of the team.” -Lee Iacocca.
41. “Not finance, not strategy. Not technology. It is teamwork that remains the ultimate competitive advantage, both because it is so powerful and rare.” -Patrick Lencioni.
42. “We rise by lifting others.” -Robert Ingersoll.
43. “None of us is as smart as all of us.” -Ken Blanchard.
44. “A successful team is a group of many hands and one mind.” -Bill Bethel.
45. “Teamwork divides the task and multiplies the success.” -Anonymous.
46. “If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else.” -Booker T. Washington.
47. “Teamwork is working together, even when apart.” -Anonymous.
48. “A team is not a group of people who work together. A team is people who trust each other.” -Simon Sinek.
49. “The nice thing about teamwork is that you always have others on your side.” -Margaret Carty.
50. “If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.” -African Proverb.
51. “Great teams do not hold back with one another. They are unafraid to air their dirty laundry. They admit their mistakes, their weaknesses, and their concerns without fear of reprisal.” -Patrick Lencioni.
Despite the 51 teamwork quotes you just pondered, there are hundreds more out there, further proving the necessity of building teamwork in your workplace. There’s so much more to creating a team for work than simply weaving a bunch of random individuals together to complete a common task.
Remember that every good team takes time, patience, and faith if you find yourself struggling. Consider some daily affirmations to enhance your extraordinary evolution for even more inspiration beyond these teamwork quotes.