76 Funny Ice Breakers That You Must Try at Your Next Meeting
The key to having successful meetings is having everyone enjoy them. When all the members feel involved, more gets accomplished and time goes by much quicker.
One way to do that is through icebreakers. Funny icebreakers build communication among teams. They help employees feel like they are having a break from their work. Here are 76 funny icebreakers that you must try at your next meeting.
1. Play “Two Truths and a Lie”
New employees tell things about themselves, and everyone tries to guess what the lie is.
2. Play “Whodunit”
Everyone writes something they’ve done on a piece of paper and takes turns matching them to people in the meeting.
3. The zombie apocalypse is coming. What three people in this meeting do you want on your team?
4. Play a virtual team-building activity from Amphy. Get over the stiff vibes of a Zoom meeting with a quick online game that everyone can enjoy like this one.
5. What is the most embarrassing fashion trend you used to rock?
6. Play “Who has it?”
Name a few random objects people can instantly produce, like a stick of gum, a blue pen, or a coffee receipt.
7. Play “Never Have I Ever”
One person makes a statement and ends it with something that will be telling. Everyone that has done that thing will put a finger down.
8. If you could bring back any fashion trend, what would it be?
9. Have you ever been told you look like someone famous?
10. If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
11. Play “Would You Rather?”
Have everyone answer a question that starts with “would you rather”.
12. What is the weirdest food you’ve ever had?
13. What’s the funniest way you’ve ever injured yourself?
14. What cartoon character would you like to hang out with?
15. If you had to be an animal for one day, what would you want to be?
16. What is your pitch for a reality show?
17. If you had to teach a class right now, what would the subject be?
18. If you were going on a mission to Mars for a year, what three things would you want to take with you?
19. What is the worst haircut you’ve ever had?
20. If the local deli named a sandwich after you, what would be on it?
21. Show and Tell
If you are having a virtual meeting, have everyone grab a nearby object and tell the story behind it.
22. Funny Photo
This funny virtual icebreaker is great for virtual meetings. Have everyone pick a funny or embarrassing picture on their phone and share it in the group chat.
23. Paper Airplanes
Divide your group into two teams to try and create the perfect paper airplane. They will have a set amount of time to complete it before they glide for distance.
24. You can also try funny ice breakers questions. For example, what is the most embarrassing song you rock out to when no one is around?
25. What is the worst thing you ever got away with as a kid?
26. Do you have a story about a crazy roommate?
27. What is the strangest food that you’ve ever eaten for breakfast?
28. What movie character that is not scary were you terrified of as a kid?
29. What is the most disgusting thing you’ve ever had to eat to be polite?
30. What is your favorite smell?
31. What is the weirdest fact you know?
32. Tell the best knock-knock joke you know.
33. What is the best invention you came up with as a kid?
34. What is your favorite website to check out when no one is watching?
35. What is something you love but pretend to hate?
36. If they made a movie based on your life, who would play you?
37. If you could be a superhero, what would your powers be?
38. If you had to change your name right now what would you change it to?
39. If your birthday were a holiday, what decorations and food would we have?
40. What is the biggest prize you’ve ever won?
41. Have everyone find one thing in common with everyone else in the room.
42. Pictionary is another funny icebreaker that could have good results.
43. Pick three historical figures to be part of your entourage.
44. What would your dream job be if money were not an issue?
45. What restaurant would you pick if it were the only place you could ever eat again?
46. If hats were mandatory, what kind would you be rocking every day?
47. Look at the person on your right and tell us what you would call the book you wrote about them.
48. If you could be invisible for one day, what three things would you do?
49. What can’t talk but will reply when spoken to? (An echo)
50. Tell us about a prank you tried to pull but it went wrong.
If you could bring back any fashion trend, what would it be?
51. Where is the most embarrassing place you ever fell asleep?
52. What is something you’re a snob about?
53. What food can someone cook in the office microwave that makes you angry enough to explode?
54. What is your most awkward interview story?
55. What helps from head to toe, but the more it works the smaller it grows? (A bar of soap)
56. If they made a sitcom about your life, what would be the theme song?
57. What was the first big purchase you ever made with your own money?
58. If we had access to the first car you ever owned, what would we find in your music collection?
59. What is the most outdated piece of slang you still use?
60. What is your favorite “Dad” joke?
61. If this team were in a horror movie, who would be the first one to get killed?
62. If you had your own country, what would it be called?
63. What celebrity would you like to be best friends with?
64. What color would you pick for all of your clothes to be forever?
65. If you had all the money you could ever want, what would be the first thing you would buy?
66. What is the weirdest food combination you eat?
67. What will you name your yacht?
68. What commercial jingle can you think of and sing right now?
69. What skill do you wish you could learn?
70. What book have you never read but passed a test on when you were a kid?
71. When did you get blamed for something you didn’t do?
72. What is the most embarrassing article of clothing you own?
73. What was the first concert you ever attended?
74. What movie do you love but pretend you don’t?
75. What is the craziest thing you want to accomplish before you die?
76. What goes through cities but never moves? (A road)
Many of these funny icebreakers for work can be used in virtual and in-person meetings. The goal is to get your employees to loosen up and get comfortable with each other. With these icebreakers, your next meeting should be much more fun and productive.
The largest marketplace for live
classes, connecting and enriching
humanity through knowledge.