Transform your life into what you want by working on yourself.
When it comes to working on yourself, you can learn a lot online. For a jumpstart on the matter, you might find the Breaking Bad Habits workshop handy. And if you want to learn more about working on yourself, the best self-help books available online are a great way to do so.
Self-help books offer one of the best ways to improve your mindset and feel more like your authentic self. So keep reading for a closer look at the best self-help books to become the best version of yourself.
What Are Self-Help Books?
Self-help books are non-fiction books designed to help readers improve their lives in various ways. Some self-help books discuss mental health; others focus on goal setting and everything in between.
You might also like: Self-Worth Workshop
Some self-help books discuss mental health; others focus on goal setting and everything in between.
Our List of Self-Help Books for You
Below you’ll find 36 of the best self-help books you can read.
1. Girl, Wash Your Face – Rachel Hollis
While geared towards women, men can enjoy this book too. It’s all about exposing little lies that don’t allow us to live as happily as possible and how not to believe them anymore.
2. The Four Agreements – Don Miguel Ruiz
The author dives into the various sources that cause us suffering and limit ourselves and how to overcome them.
3. Make Your Bed – Admiral William H. McRaven
This self-help book is all about little steps to improve your life. Little things like making your bed can be the catalyst to significant change.
4. Get Out of Your Own Way – Dr. Mark Goulston
Dr. Mark Goulston dives into self-destructive behaviors like procrastination, neediness, compulsion, and other ways to stop those behaviors.
5. How To Win Friends & Influence People – Dale Carnegie
Even though this book is originally from 1936, it still has plenty of helpful tips you can use today.
6. The Man in the Mirror: Solving the 24 Problems Men Face – Patrick M. Morley
This self-help book is best for men who struggle with spirituality, living an authentic life, and happiness.
You might also like: Traits of a High-Value Man
7. Atomic Habits – James Clear
One of the best self-care things you can do is learn good habits and break your bad ones. This book will put you on the right path.
8. Declutter Your Mind – S. J. Scott and Barrie Davenport
Declutter Your Mind is about reducing anxiety and mental strain to live a happier life.
9. You Are a Badass – Jen Sincero
Many struggle with self-doubt, but after reading this book, you’ll likely have less self-doubt.
10. The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People – Stephen R. Covey
As you read this book, you’ll learn seven core habits that the most successful and effective people practice that you can start doing.
11. The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck – Mark Manson
Worrying is a significant cause of unhappiness. This self-help book will help you learn not to sweat the little things and let what will be, be.
12. Best Self – Mike Bayer
Mike Bayer is a life coach who pours much of their best advice into one book so you can start reaching your personal and professional goals.
13. Daring Greatly – Brene Brown
Vulnerability isn’t a weakness, and Brene Brown showcases how you can be more vulnerable and how it will lead you to be the best version of yourself.
14. The Courage To Be Disliked – Ichiro Kishimi & Fumitake Koga
You can unlock your full potential when you stop caring what people think. That’s what this self-help book is all about.
15. 12 Rules for Life – Jordan Peterson
As you read this book, you’ll read about 12 rules for life that revolve around religion, spirituality, and more.
16. Who Moved My Cheese? – Spencer Johnson
Who Moved my Cheese is a fun self-help book geared more towards professional goals.
17. The Alchemist – Paulo Coelho
The Alchemist is technically a novel, but the moral behind the story makes many consider it a wonderful self-help book.
18. Can’t Hurt Me – David Goggins
Goggins writes about how you can overcome your fears, doubts, and worries to be the best version of yourself.
19. Big Magic – Elizabeth Gilbert
Big Magic is the best self-help book for creative minds. It inspires writers, painters, and other artists.
20. The 4-Hour Workweek – Timothy Ferriss
If you want to ditch the five-day workweek, this self-help book can help guide you to financial freedom to work less.
21. Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity – David Allen
For those who are easily or constantly stressed, this self-help book can help you reduce stress and be more productive.
22. How I Changed My Life in a Year – Shelley Wilson
This book talks about how no matter where you’re at, you can change your life whenever you want if you put your mind to it.
23. Outliers: The Story of Success – Malcolm Gladwell
Outliers are considered the most “successful” people, and this book dives into what makes them so successful.
24. Man’s Search for Meaning – Viktor E. Frankl
This book features a psychotherapeutic method for finding your purpose in life and a reason to keep going.
25. The Power of Now – Eckhart Tolle
The Power of Now is all about self-reflection. It’s great for people of all ages, religions, and backgrounds.
26. The 5 Love Languages – Gary Chapman
Learning your love language can help you show love better and be more appreciative of others.
27. Thinking, Fast and Slow – Daniel Kahneman
This book will teach you about different thought systems to better understand yourself.
28. Deep Work – Cal Newport
Deep Work is all about helping you find meaning through the work you do for work or in your personal life.
29. The Power of Habit – Charles Duhigg
By reading this, you’ll learn about the science of habit-making and why choosing good habits is so important.
30. Rich Dad, Poor Dad – Robert T. Kiyosaki
Kiyosaki’s book is about generational wealth and how to improve your family through that.
31. Quiet – Susan Cain
This book is best for introverts. You can learn how to live in what seems like an extroverted world without losing yourself.
32. The Secret – Rhonda Byrne
The Secret is all about the law of attraction. You can learn how to attract what you want in your life.
33. The Gifts of Imperfection – Brene Brown
Brene Brown writes about how despite all our imperfections, we’re all important. The book helps you love yourself more, despite your imperfections.
34. The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up – Marie Kondo
This self-help book educates people on how tidying and organizing can drastically affect their lives.
You might also like: 31 Habits of Successful People
35. How To Stop Worrying And Start Living – Dale Carnegie
Do you worry a lot? Then this book can help you learn to worry less and start living a happier life.
36. If You’re So Smart, Why Aren’t You Happy? – Raj Raghunathan
If you want to learn how to value happiness over everything, then you need to read this self-help book.
Whether you’re trying to improve your spirituality, find your true self, or get back to feeling more like yourself, these self-help books should put you on the right path.